Do you want to become a Parish Councillor?


If you are interested in representing your local community as Parish Councillor please contact the Clerk.

Closing Date: Friday 26th July 2019

You can stand if you are:

  • A British citizen, or a citizen of the Commonwealth or the European Union, and
  • 18 years or older. And if ...
  • You are registered as a local government elector for the parish for which you want to stand; or
  • You have, for the whole 12 month period up to the date of the election, occupied (as owner or tenant) land or other premises in the parish; or
  • Your principal or only place of work during that same 12 months period has been in the parish; or
  • You have during the whole of that same 12 month period resided in the parish or within 4.8 kilometres (3 miles) of it.

You cannot be a candidate if:

  • You are employed by the parish or town council or hold a paid office under the council (including employment by any joint boards or committees of the council).
  • You are the subject of a bankruptcy restriction order or interim order.
  • You have, within five years before the day of the election, been convicted in the United Kingdom of any offence and have had a prison sentence (whether suspended or not) for a period of over three months without the option of a fine.
  • You have been disqualified under Part III of the Representation of the People Act 1983 (which relates to donations and other offences) or under the Audit Commission Act 1998.


Clerk contact details:

Email: Tel: 07532 767603
Address: 36 Lakeside, Irthlingborough NN9 5SW