'Activity on Referral' is a county wide scheme whereby GP's and Health Professionals can refer physically inactive people onto a tailor-made exercise programme to assist and support them to make healthier lifestyle choices.
How does it work?
If your GP or Health Professional feels your health or medical condition would benefit from you becoming more active, you could be referred to your local leisure facility. A qualified instructor will then prescribe a personal exercise programme for you, which will be carried out under the safe guidance and supervision of qualified instructors.
Who is it for?
To be eligible for the scheme you must be; over the age of 16, inactive, and suffer from a medical condition that would benefit from a programme of exercise. You may qualify for the scheme if you are:
- Suffer from Stress or Depression
- Have Type 2 Diabetes
- Have problems with your Cholesterol
- Have a family history of Heart Disease
- Are suffering from Impaired Strength or Mobility
- Are in the process of Quitting Smoking?
- Have a High Blood Pressure
- Have a Neurolgical Condition
Find out if you qualify by visiting their website today.