1. WELDON Village Online competitions are intended to be fun and are not intended to create legal relations between the entrant and Weldon Village Online. Unless otherwise stated, no purchase or payment of any kind is required for entry.
2. All competition entrants agree to abide by these terms and conditions and submission of an entry or participation in a competition shall be deemed to indicate acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. We reserve the right to require proof of age and / or identity of winners. Entries to certain competitions may be subject to age restrictions. Entrants who do not comply with such restrictions will be disqualified. Entrants who enter under a false name or give a false address for their entry will also be disqualified.
4. By entering the competition you agree that all information submitted by you will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. Competition participants or callers who are rude, abusive or deemed otherwise unsuitable by The Editor will be excluded. Weldon Village Online reserves the right to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit or refuse your entry.
5. Entrants of phone competitions must seek the permission of the owner of the phone before use e.g. Parent or Employer. The cost of calls from different mobile phone service providers may vary.
6. Competition winners agree to keep confidential any knowledge gained about Weldon Village Online and its business as a result of the competition.
7. Anyone who has won a prize on Weldon Village Online valued up to or equal to £25 shall not be eligible to enter a competition for a period of 14 days. Anyone who has won a prize on Weldon Village Online valued up to or equal to £100 shall not be eligible to enter a competition for a period of 60 days. Anyone who has won a prize valued in excess of £100 shall not be eligible to enter a competition for a period of 90 days. These exclusions apply to members of a prize winner’s immediate family or any individuals who reside at the same address. Weldon Village Online reserves the right to disqualify competition entries and withhold prizes if this condition is breached.
8. To enter our competitions, you must be resident in the United Kingdom. Competitions are not open to employees of Weldon Village Online. In the event of any dispute over the eligibility of a participant the decision of Weldon Village Online shall be final.
9. We reserve the right to limit entries to one entry per person. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be void, at Weldon Village Online's discretion.
10. Where the competition has a closing date and/or time, all entries must be received before such date and/or time. Late entries will not be taken into consideration in the selection of a winner. Weldon Village Online does not accept any responsibility for the non-delivery, delay or loss of any entry. Proof of posting will not be acceptable as proof of delivery.
11. Where the competition may be won by a numbered caller or participant, the selection of the winning entrant shall be at the Weldon Village Online's sole discretion.
12. Weldon Village Online will not be responsible for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Weldon Village Online will not be responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software or failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof. This includes any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in the competition.
13. Cash alternatives will not be offered to a non-cash prize. In the event of a stated prize being unavailable for any reason, Weldon Village Online may, where appropriate and in its sole discretion, arrange for the supply of an alternative prize of similar value. All prizes are non transferable and may not be given or assigned to another person, unless an exception has been agreed with Weldon Village Online.
14. In the event that there is more than one entry qualifying as a prospective winner of a prize which is, by its nature, divisible (for example a cash prize) then such prize shall be shared, subject to the decision of Weldon Village Online. In the event of there being more than one prospective winner of a prize which is not by its nature divisible, the decision of Weldon Village Online as to the ultimate winner shall be final.
15. You are obliged to take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety standards and the general appropriateness of activities undertaken during the competition and acknowledge that all activities are undertaken at your own risk. Weldon Village Online reserves the right to forfeit your place on the competition or the prize (without liability or compensation) if, in its reasonable opinion, you may expose yourself or others to risk of illness or injury or to the cancellation, disruption or curtailment of the competition.
16. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize-winner
17. All entrants agree to their name and home town or village being published on our website and elsewhere. Entrants agree to their participation being written, recorded, repeated and otherwise used for any reason by Weldon Village Online without being entitled to any payment for such use. The winner may be required by Weldon Village Online to participate in a photo and the winner hereby acknowledges that Weldon Village Online has the right to use such photos in any medium and in any reasonable manner for any purpose as they may see fit.
18. Weldon Village Online will notify the winner either by email, by telephone or in writing of the arrangements for collection or delivery of a prize. Weldon Village Online shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that prizes are received by the actual winner but it accepts no responsibility for any failure to do so. Please allow 28 days for delivery of a prize.
19. Weldon Village Online reserves the right to reject entries, applications or claims and to alter, amend or foreclose the competition without prior notice, in its absolute discretion. Weldon Village Online also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
20. Complaints about the operation of a competition should be made in writing to the Editor. The decision of Weldon Village Online in relation to a competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into relating to Weldon Village Online’s decision or interpretation of these terms and conditions
21. From time to time, additional terms and conditions may be placed on individual promotions and competitions. Please check the relevant page on our website for more information.